Introducing a dog to your family can be one of the most exciting times, filled with fun, surprise, snuggles, and occasional frustration.
In fact, taking care of a dog comes with a measure of responsibility and commitment so they would grow up into confident, healthy, and well-behaved canines.
Consider shopping for essential pet items so that you can manage and monitor your dog’s life.
Make a checklist of day-to-day dog products such as a dog collar and leash, toys, a comfy bed, a food and water bowl, a poop bag, nutritious food, teeth products, and a carrier to provide your furry friend with every essential item.
Read on to how and where to find the best dog products.
8 Checklists of Day to Day Dog Products
Creating a daily product checklist for your furry friend can ensure your dog’s daily needs are met while also establishing a stress-limiting routing for all household members.
Check out the top eight checklists of day-to-day dog products that every pet owner must have.
1. Dog Collar and Leash
One of the first things on any new dog product checklist is a collar and leash. Leaving your dog out in the open can be risky, especially if it is an unknown place or destination.
Therefore, it is nice to introduce your dog to their collar and leash early.
It helps to control your canine and prevent them from unnecessary wandering, allowing them to explore and adjust to their new surroundings.
When shopping for a dog collar and leash, select the one suitable for your dog with the right size, has a quick-release clasp for safety, and has a sturdy D-ring where you can attach a leash.
Choosing the suitable collar and leash for your dog can lead to safer, more enjoyable walks and training sessions.
Explore leashes of different lengths and materials suitable for your dog’s size and breed.
Otherwise, get a 100% handmade eco-friendly dog collar and leash from Urban Pet Supply. They are strong, adjustable, durable, and available in different colors.
2. Toy to Keep Your Dog Busy
It is essential for pet owners to keep their pups occupied and active throughout the day.
Getting the appropriate and exciting toys for the dog can have multiple benefits, from keeping them occupied and helping them fight boredom when they are home alone.
Otherwise, they might show unsavory behaviors such as destroying property, excessive barking, or chewing on valuable household items.
Things to consider while getting a toy for your dog.
- When choosing any dog toy, you should consider safety and ethical conditions.
- Look for age-appropriate and size-specific toys to avoid large dogs swallowing and choking on small parts.
- Monitor your dog’s toys and remove any toy that starts to break into pieces or has pieces torn off.
- Avoid or alter toys that are not dog-proof by removing ribbons, strings, eyes, or other parts that could be chewed off and ingested.
- Keep cleaning your dog’s toys regularly.
Stuff these toys with treats or food; your dog will be occupied for hours trying to get the goodies out.
You can also freeze them to keep your dog occupied for longer.
3. A Comfy Bed
While your dog can probably doze off just about anywhere, it does not mean they have to. Your furry buddy deserves a comfortable place designed with their health in mind.
Moreover, your dog will love having a comfortable place to call their own within your home.
Things to consider while getting a bed for your dog.
- Get a comfy bed that is the right size for your dog to cuddle and stretch out.
- The bed dimensions should be such that the dog can lie flat and completely stretch out without hanging over the edge.
- Cleanliness is essential for bed linen. So choose a bed with a removable and washable cover to overcome the dog’s bad habit of quickly dirtying the bed.
- Avoid buying a dog bed with a fancy liner and a stuffed or padded interior because your dog will probably rip it open and eat the contents in no time.
Since there are so many dog beds to choose from, it is a good idea to figure out your dog’s specific needs.
To help you determine the right bed for your dog, Amazon has some of the best dog beds for every style and personality.
Check an infographic below:
4. Food and Water Bowls
Your dog needs regular meals and access to clean and fresh water several times a day.
There should be separate bowls for food and water depending on your dog's size and the amount of food and water they consume.
Getting bowls made of metal or ceramic are best, as they are more sturdy than plastic. Plastic bowls can be harmful if ingested and may even break easily.
Get Ethical Stoneward Crock Dish for an easy solution to these messy eaters.
It is a high-quality food and water bowl made from heavy stoneward that eliminates movement and spillage.
Different dog’s size bowls are available to make eating easy and comfortable.
If you find your canine eats too fast, consider buying Outward Hound Feeder, designed to help your dog eat at a more appropriate pace.
5. Nutritious Dog Food
An adult dog eats three to four times daily with a high-quality diet that provides sufficient nutrition to develop their energetic personalities properly and help keep them healthy.
The dog diet you pick should have a wide variety of nutritional requirements, like protein, fats, calcium, minerals, and vitamins.
Every dog is different, and their specific dietary needs will vary based on age, breed, and activity level.
Things to consider while buying dog food.
- Pick a complete food appropriate for your dog's breed, size, age, and activity level.
- Keep food bowls clean, removing food that the dog has not eaten.
- Get wet food in addition to dry food.
- Feed your dog an appropriate amount of food based on size, age, and energy level.
- Feed dog food to your dog, do not feed it to other pets.
- Avoid things that are toxic or unsafe to your dog.
- Pick special food for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
- Add nutrient supplements to your dog's daily feed.
It is always better to ask your veterinarian or breeder about the best food and quantities to feed your dog.
6. Poop Bags
Remove any feces left by your dog on any sidewalk, gutter, street, park, or other public area and dispose of it legally.
Dog feces may contain parasites, and leaving it on the sidewalk exposes you, your pet, and other people to potential illness and a smelly mess.
Get a roll of poop bags to take with you wherever you go on walks or to the park with your dog.
Remove the feces wherever your dog poops. It is the ideal way to address hygiene and clean up after your dog to decrease the likelihood of environmental contamination.
Things to consider while buying poop bags.
- Get poop bags that are strong and thick plus biodegradable.
- You can even get poop bag holders that hook onto your leash, a must-have for every dog owner.
- Guaranteed leak proof
- Easy to separate individual bags from the roll
- Easy to open and tie filled securely
- Easy to dispense
7. Dog Teeth Product
Did you know by the age of two, 80% of dogs show some evidence of periodontal disease?
Without a routine dental care regimen, dogs risk developing periodontal disease, which often causes gum infection, tooth pain, and loss.
It can even lead to other health issues such as malnourishment, an impact on heart, liver, and kidney function down the line.
Therefore, regularly brushing your dog’s teeth with the top-recommended toothbrush and toothpaste is essential to promote oral and overall body health.
If your dog is resistant to brushing, daily dental chews such as ChurpiDurkha will help break down plaque and tartar buildup and freshen up bad breath.
It is safe for daily use and supports proper digestion.
8. Dog Carrier
A dog carrier is a super useful product to provide a safe, enclosed space for your dog in comfort.
It lets you have control of your dog’s whereabouts so you can keep them safe by your side if you ever need to leave the house.
There are many things to consider when searching for the best dog carrier.
- Get a carrier that is the right size to make sure your dog has enough space to be comfortable while he is inside.
- Look for padded interiors, plush bedding, plenty of ventilation, and a sturdy base to help them feel at home.
- Check if the material quality is good or not.
- Select the one that is easy to clean, with removable, machine-washable bedding and water-resistant interior lining.
There are many different dog carrier options to pick from depending on what you plan on using it for and where it will be placed in your home.
Keeping your dog content and healthy should be at the forefront of every passionate pet parent’s mind.
A daily dog product checklist is a great way to get involved in caring for household pets and ensure your dog has all it needs to live its best life.
Get in touch with Urban Pet Supply, the online store in Urbandale, for more and the best dog products.