Spending time with pets is a great way to release stress and pent-up energy, but it is fair to say that you cannot spend all the time with them.
Some things are easier to accomplish without a pet’s distraction; therefore, you must provide them with activities to indulge in.
An idle dog will exhibit destructive behavior, including chewing shoes, destroying the furniture, or barking inexplicably.
Keep your dog engaged with Kong Classic to puzzle toys, automatic ball launchers to nylabone football and snuffle mat to provide ample playtime.
Therefore, indulge them with toys.
Read on to learn about different types of great pet toys to keep your dog engaged and entertained.
Types of Pet Toys to Keep Your Dog Engaged
Did you know 61% of toys were purchased in 2015, which was the top purchase among pet products like leashes, collars, and chews in the United States?
Moreover, the rising rate of pet humanization is expected to drive the consumption of such products around the globe.
Keeping your dog engaged is one of the essential aspects of pet care, and it is easy to incorporate into day-to-day life.
Making your dog engaged is simpler than you might think, and it does not require a large budget or huge commitment.
Here are some of the best dog toys to keep your dog engaged.
1. Kong Classic
Kong Classic is one of the mentally stimulating toys to keep them engaged and offer enrichment by satisfying their instinctual needs.
This non-toxic, natural rubber toy can be filled with easy treats and snacks to treat your dog at the end of playtime.
About 73% of pet owners offered food-filled chew toys to their dogs.
It will provide hours of fun because not only is every square inch delicious to chew on, but it is flexible to keep them engaged and ready to play.
- Super Durable
- High Quality
- Variety of shapes and sizes
- Multi-purpose Uses
Once you get the right formulated rubber and the correct size for your chewers, you might first need to teach your fur friends how to satisfy their chewing needs while entertaining themselves appropriately.
- Prevent the unfavorable dog behaviors like socks, shoes, and remotes from being chewed
- Helps satisfy instincts
- Builds the bond between pet and pet owner
- Provides a healthy outlet for the dog’s energy and alleviates boredom.
Get Kong classic for your dog today from Urban Pet Supply.
2. Multi-Puzzle Toy
If your dog is obsessed with food, try out a puzzle toy to give your dog something to eat and to make them engaged with fun.
Puzzle toys are great and might need a little training for your dog to understand how to use them, but it will be well worth it.
You can add food or treats to a particular compartment within the toy, and then the dog plays with the toy to figure out how to get their tasty reward.
Not only will your dog be rewarded with a tasty treat or two, but it will exercise their mind.
- Suitable for all breeds and dog ages
- Easy clean
- Food safe material
- Spin, slide, hide and seek
Puzzle toy comes in incredibly varied and various shapes, sizes, materials, and even different levels of complexity to keep pets of every age and stage engaged.
- Barks less and spend more time engaged in eating
- Keeps them moving and active
- Reduce stress
- Relieve boredom and reinforce to play alone
- Avoid the development of behavioral issues
- Builds a stronger bond that can help with successful training and obedience
Reap the benefits of having calmer, happier companions who can keep themselves occupied with their puzzle toys.
You can buy one from Amazon for your fur baby.
3. Automatic Ball Launchers
If your dog loves energetic games of fetch, but you don’t have time to throw ball after ball, then it is time to invest in an automatic ball launcher.
An automatic ball launcher is a great tool to keep your dog’s instinctual needs in check.
Calming a hyperactive and energetic dog might be challenging. They constantly desire to play, and getting a ball launcher can be the best choice and are beneficial.
Balls tend to bounce in predictable ways, so getting ball launchers that have unusual bounces increases engagement and mental stimulation.
- Lightweight and weather-resistant
- Can be played both indoors and out
- Easy to use and move around
- Long-lasting battery and easy to charge
- Easy to install
- Flexible and durable
- Can be used for large and small dogs
An automatic ball launcher keeps your canine companions entertained and does not require human arms.
- Provides a path to independent play
- Opportunity for engaging in obedience training
- Keeps pet owner's hands clean and dirt-free
- Helps in stimulating dog’s mental health
- Enhances physical activities and health
- Eliminate the need for a pet owner to throw the ball constantly
Having an automatic ball launcher for dogs can be helpful to keep your dog busy playing even if you are not nearby.
It is an excellent automatic interactive ball launcher and ideal for large and smaller dogs. The dog’s breed will determine the size they require.
If you are looking for a device that fits perfectly to your norms, here are the different types of automatic ball launchers to choose from.
4. Nylabone Football
Dogs spend a lot of time lounging around and waiting for a pet owner to have time to do something with them.
Keep your dog distracted and engaged with the Nylabone Football. The durable football is ideal for pet owners looking for a new and exciting take on a classic football for dogs.
This is specially engineered for playful pets to help convert their high energy into a positive playtime experience.
- Made of a non-abrasive material that is gentle on teeth
- Hidden squeaker entices dogs to play
- Super Bouncy
- Designed with an indented shape that makes it easy to grab from any angle
- Comes with a hidden squeaker that entices dogs to play
If you think you will be busy with something and cannot give your dog any attention during that time, pre-empt the issue by providing the dog Nylabone Football toy and keeping them engaged.
- Perfect for both indoor and outdoor fun
- Great for fetching, chewing, and enrichment
- Helps your dog fight boredom by filling the football toy with treats and foods
- Reduce chewing problem
- Relieves anxiety
This football toy can be great to help with destructive chewing and boredom dogs. It is also perfect for solo or team play with so much versatility.
If your fur baby loves squeaky dog toys, get them from Urban Pet Supply . We supply the Nylabone Football toys of all different sizes and ages of dogs.
5. Snuffle Mat
A snuffle mat is a dog mat with soft, loose pieces of fabric attached with plenty of room to hide dog treats inside.
Snuffle mat has become an increasingly popular enrichment toy as it gives your dog a surprisingly good workout to get them engaged.
Dogs are born hunters, and they love unraveling the puzzles to find treats among the many strands of the mat.
This mat will exhaust dogs while satisfying their foraging instincts and stimulating their minds as they hunt for food.
- Made from durable fabric and soft polar fleece
- Suitable for all breeds and ages
- Non-slip bottom that helps keep it in place
- Machine washable
- Gentle on your dog’s nose
- Great for mental stimulation
- Allows your dog to use their noses and strengthens foraging skills
- Helps your dog focus and relax
- Slow down eating habits that will help better digest and prevent gastrointestinal issues
- Effective distraction to reduce the stress
- Great for dogs with mobility issues
It provides fun and excitement for dogs of all ages and breeds, and they are easier to use.
Buy a snuffle mat for your dogs on Amazon.
Check this infographic for more information.
Dog toys are a necessity but not a luxury; therefore, pet owner should provide their dog with an interactive pet toys.
It actually plays a vital role in maintaining the dog’s well-being, providing much-needed mental stimulation, helping regulate behavior, and fulfilling their natural instinct.
There is no need to beat your brains out to find enriching toys and activities for your dog.
Just get in touch with Urban Pet Supply, the cheap dog supplies in Urbandale.