Dogs require different nutrients for day-to-day bodily functions, appropriate growth, and for optimal health and performance.
Therefore, their daily diet should contain a mix of proteins, carbs, fats, vitamins, minerals, and water.
However, raw food and home-prepared meals are not always the best meal option for dogs because they lack essential nutrients.
Moreover, most commercial can foods lack micronutrients required for bone, brain, and muscle development.
Hence, you should look into supplementary nutrient products.
Some reliable supplementary nutrient products include Nordic Naturals Omega Fish Oil Supplement, ThorneVet Canine Basic Nutrient, RX Vitamins Nutritional Support Powder, Amazing Turmeric for Dogs Curcumin Pet Antioxidant, and Senilife Nutritional Supplement for Elderly Dogs, and more.
These substances are introduced to add nutrients to your dog’s diet and lower the risk of health problems.
Ensure your dog is getting the necessary nutrients for their bodies to develop properly, for their energetic personalities, and to help keep them healthy.
Read on to learn everything you need about dog nutrient products.
Best Supplementary Nutrient Products for Dogs
Dogs of all ages will benefit from a nutrient supplement if added to their daily feed.
Furthermore, like humans, every dog is different, and their specific nutrient needs will vary based on age, breed, and activity level.
In addition to improving their health, nutrients supplements can also treat several health concerns.
Let’s check out the essential nutrients that your dog needs in detail.
1. Nordic Naturals Omega Fish Oil Supplement
It contains omega-3 fatty acids, which improve your dog’s coat quality and shine.
Fish oil could also be helpful to prevent incessant scratching. The anti-inflammatory properties found in the oil will make their skin feel less itchy and even skin allergies less of a bother.
- This benefits canines with skin diseases or arthritis.
- Maintain healthy skin and coat, supports heart function, joint function, and the growth and maintenance of the brain and eyes.
- Good for dogs of all breeds and sizes.
- Easy to use, simply squeeze onto food.
- Omega-6s present in fish oil can also help restore ceramides, the fat molecules that help the skin retain moisture and boost cell membranes.
Fish oil supplement usually comes in liquid form. You can add it to your dog’s regular food, and your dog won’t detect it. It is also available as a soft gel.
However, the dosage of supplements depends on the size and weight of your dog.
It is easily available in the market, buy yours from here.
2. ThorneVet Canine Basic Nutrients
ThorneVet Canine Basic Nutrient is a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement for all levels of a dog’s life. It provides a complete formula of essential and highly absorbable vitamins and minerals.
- It offers a complete formula of essential, highly absorbable vitamins and minerals.
- Contains Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K1, Biotin, Calcium, Chromium, Folate, Magnesium, Iron, and Zinc.
- Balanced nutrient supplementation supports overall health and wellness in dogs of all ages.
- Optimize canine health and vitality, plus enhance the quality of life for puppies, adults, and aging dogs.
- Highly bioavailable ingredients provide comprehensive nutritional support with high absorption rates.
Start giving your dog a multi-vitamin/mineral mix from an early age to enhance the quality and length of your dog's life and maximize its liveliness.
It is intended for use in all phases of a dog’s life. It provides a broad range of nutrients to meet canine needs.
3. RX Vitamins Nutritional Support Powder
RX Vitamins Nutritional Support Powder is a comprehensive blend of antioxidants, food-bound and plant-based nutrients, and essential Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that help support and maintain health and wellness in your dogs.
Adding RX Vitamins Nutritional Support is recommended for your dog's best home diet preparation.
- It provides over 20 nutrients your dog may miss from their diet.
- The vitamin E present in this supplement plays a role in regulating cardiovascular and immune function, while biotin may act to preserve a healthy-looking skin and coat.
- It is designed for general health and wellness as well as support for the hair coat, immune and digestive systems.
- Ideal for all ages dogs.
This nutritional support is a hypoallergenic formula that comes in a palatable liver and salmon flavored powder.
Dogs love this flavor, and it is easy to mix in with their food, whether it be dry, canned, or home-prepared.
Buy RX Vitamins Nutritional Support Powder for your dogs on Amazon.
4. Amazing Turmeric for Dogs Curcumin Pet Antioxidant
Turmeric is a spice that is sometimes added to dog food. It offers anti-inflammatory benefits for dogs to relieve joint pain and itchy skin.
Research shows that the compounds in turmeric help alleviate inflammation and provide pain relief.
Similarly, Amazing Turmeric for Dogs Curcumin Pet Antioxidant contains a compound called curcumin, essentially its active ingredient.
Make your dog look and feel healthy with the Amazing Nutritionals Turmeric for Dogs Curcumin Pet Antioxidant supplement.
- It treats joint pain, coat and skin conditions, itchy skin, flaking, and hot spots.
- It helps your dog fight arthritis, diabetes, cancer, liver disease issues, and more.
- Its anti-inflammatory formula remedies to pain, inflammation, wound healing, rheumatoid arthritis, hip dysplasia relief, post antibiotics medicine treatment.
- It provides immune support to the puppy, adult, and senior pets.
- Perfect treats for canines with sensitive stomachs who dislike taking pills and pouches.
Get this affordable, potent turmeric chew today from Walmart.
5. Senilife Nutritional Supplement for Elderly Dogs
The Senilife Nutritional Supplement is a highly concentrated, individual capsule of unflavored liquid blend that can be easily added to your dog’s food.
Just like humans, aging can affect cognitive health in dogs. This can lead to confusion, disorientation, wandering aimlessly, or barking and howling at night, leading to something called ‘doggy dementia.’
Senilife nutritional supplement contains a blend of phosphatidylserine, Ginkgo Biloba extract, pyridoxine, resveratrol, and alpha-tocopherol.
- Easy and convenient to administer
- Helps with signs of brain aging and offers an improved quality of life for the aging dog
- Assists in preventing the behavioral changes associated with the brain’s aging process
The liquid supplement is available in a variety of formulations for different-sized dogs. It is safe for use throughout a dog’s entire lifetime and may be most effective when given from an early age.
Get this nutritional supplement which is easily available on the market.
Lastly, never give your dog human nutrient supplements as they have very different nutritional needs than us.
Whereas too much of specific nutrients can also make dogs very ill due to toxicity.
If you are considering giving your dog species-specific nutrients, it is essential to contact your veterinarian to ensure your dog gets everything it needs without overdoing specific nutrients that it may already be getting in its diet.Get in touch with Urban Pet Supply, the pet food supplies in Urbandale, to learn how nutrients product for your dog’s longevity and health wellbeing.